Growth Fueled by Flexible Deployment and Consumption Models, New Customers, MSP Growth, and Industry Recognition
Campbell, Calif. (OCTOBER 10, 2018) – Barracuda Networks, Inc., a leading provider of cloud-delivered security and data protection solutions today announced expanded public cloud security solutions leadership through its network and application security business. Over the past four consecutive quarters, Barracuda exceeded more than 200 net new customer public cloud deployments per quarter, including Barracuda CloudGen Firewall and CloudGen WAF solution deployments. Barracuda customers consumed more than 3 million Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) hours annually on Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) combined. Additionally, Barracuda CloudGen Firewall net bookings grew 57 percent year-over-year for the second quarter fiscal 2019 that ended August 31, 2018. CloudGen Firewall bookings through its MSP business grew 173 percent over the same period.
“Protecting customers’ public cloud deployments is part of our vision to provide the best protection to our customers that range from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies,” said BJ Jenkins, President and CEO of Barracuda. “We’ve made a deep investment in public cloud security solutions that fit cloud-connected customers’ evolving needs and are optimistic about the continued growth in our network and application security business.”
Recent Fiscal Year 2019 Highlights:
Barracuda Business Growth:
- Barracuda exceeds more than 200 net new public cloud customer deployments per quarter, consecutively over the past four fiscal quarters.
- Annually, Barracuda customers consumed more than 3 million PAYG hours on Microsoft Azure and AWS combined.
- Product bookings grew 57 percent year-over-year for Barracuda CloudGen Firewall, including growth of 173 percent though Barracuda’s MSP business.
- New customers choosing Barracuda CloudGen Firewall and WAF solutions include Scandinavian Airlines, NTT DATA Corporation, H. Essers a Global Transport Company, and Rose Metal Systems.
Barracuda CloudGen WAF is now available for Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Customers can migrate their existing applications while maintaining consistency and control by reusing existing Barracuda configurations and security policies for an easier experience.
- New Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service, launched in May 2018, is a cloud-delivered service that simplifies the way application security is deployed and managed without compromising on security controls or effectiveness.
- Seven Barracuda integrations were featured at Microsoft Ignite 2018, including Azure Virtual WAN support and Microsoft Firewall management.
- Awarded three gold competencies by Microsoft including Gold Cloud Developer, Gold Cloud Platform, and Gold ISV.
- Seven Barracuda solutions are rated Microsoft Preferred in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
- Barracuda is an AWS Partner Network (APN) Advanced Technology Partner with AWS security competency certifications for Barracuda CloudGen Firewall and CloudGen WAF.
- Barracuda CloudGen Firewall included in the inaugural “Gartner Peer Insights: Voice of the Customer: Enterprise Network Firewalls Market”note with the highest customer rating in five of the six featured categories, including Overall Customer Rating (4.67 out of 5).
- Barracuda CloudGen WAF recognized as a Challenger in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls.
- Barracuda CloudGen Firewall achieved a Recommended Rating by NSS Labs in their 2018 Next Generation Firewall Group Test.
- Barracuda CloudGen WAF named a Strong Performer in “The Forrester Wave™: Web Application Firewalls, Q2 2018.”
- Barracuda featured in the 2018 CRN Cloud Partner Program Guide, based upon unique partner program benefits that deliver cloud infrastructure or applications.
Key Customer Quotes:
“We have been impressed with the advanced features and simple management interface included with the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall,” said Yoshihiro Jimbo, Senior Manager, Cards & Payments Services Division, IT Services & Payments Services Sector, NTT DATA Corporation. “We have been able to easily connect and manage our internal systems via a VPN and are using CloudGen Firewall to actively validate the security of that connection. Additionally, we use it to secure our development environment for AWS.”
“Of all the products we tested only Barracuda Cloud Generation Firewalls provided Internet and VPN load balancing across multiple uplinks combined with full next-generation security capabilities on a single appliance,” said Ivar Indekeu ICT Infrastructure Manager, H. Essers.
About Barracuda Cloud Generation Firewalls:
Barracuda Cloud Generation Firewalls are engineered to provide network and application security for cloud-only and hybrid-cloud environments. These solutions provide cloud-specific features including metered billing, API support for DevSecOps teams, fully meshed connectivity, and scalability to help organizations align security with their cloud deployments. Get more information: https://fr.barracuda.com/products/cloud-generation-firewalls
Read the Blogs:
Fast Eats Big: Supercharge Your Business with Barracuda Network and Application Security: http://cuda.co/33867
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall achieves Recommended Rating in group test: http://cuda.co/33440
Barracuda rated highest in inaugural Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Enterprise Network Firewall Market Note: http://cuda.co/33024
Download the Reports:
Gartner Magic Quadrant Report for Web Application Firewalls: https://fr.barracuda.com/wafmq
Forrester Wave Report for Web Application Firewalls: https://fr.barracuda.com/WAFWave
À propos de Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda simplifies IT with cloud-enabled solutions that empower customers to protect their networks, applications and data, regardless of where they reside. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployment configurations. Barracuda's customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data protection. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
Barracuda Networks, Barracuda, and the Barracuda Networks logo are registered trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the US and other countries.